SlipStream SP Quick Start Guide
This section will assist you with downloading, installing, and running SlipStream SP6.0. For more detailed step-by-step installation instructions, please click here.
- For Version 3.1 and 3.2, please click here
- For Version 4.0, please click here
- For Version 5.0, please click here
- For Version 5.1, please click here
(**Adobe® Acrobat® is required to view these files.)
Minimum System Requirements:
- Pentium® 200MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB of RAM
- At least 11 MB of hard-drive space
SlipStream SP 6.0.32 is supported on the following Windows® Operating Systems:
- Windows® 98
- Windows® Millennium Edition (Windows ME)
- Windows® 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2
- Windows® XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista™
- Windows Vista™ 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- For Mac® users, click here
SlipStream SP works seamlessly with the following Web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 5.0 and later (including IE 8)
- Firefox® 2.0 and later (including Firefox® 3.5)
1. Downloading SlipStream SP
- Your ISP will provide you with a location to download the SlipStream SP installer.
- Download the installer to your Desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
2. Installing SlipStream SP
- Double-click on the installer to start the installation procedure. Reboot if required.
- Once the installation finishes, you will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username and password provided to you by your ISP.
- To avoid having to enter your username and password every time, ensure that the "Save Password" check box is checked. Proceed to Step 3.
3. Starting SlipStream SP
- SlipStream SP is automatically started when your computer starts up.
- Acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as Internet Explorer®) or a supported email client (such as Microsoft® Outlook or Eudora) is started.
- On some Windows® platforms, a bubble dialog will appear when the SlipStream Service has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you can verify that SlipStream Service has been established by hovering over the SlipStream SP system tray icon (you should see a "SlipStream Service Enabled..." message).
4. Using SlipStream SP
- Browse the Web or download emails as you normally would.
- Your Web access or email access will be automatically accelerated by SlipStream SP.
- If you wish to stop the application, click "Stop SlipStream" from the application menu, or if you wish to exit the application completely, click "Exit" from the application menu.
5. Further Assistance
- If you're having trouble installing the product, consult the detailed installation instructions.
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the User Guide which includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the product.
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running SlipStream SP, consult the Troubleshooting section for further assistance.
- Still having trouble? Please feel free to contact us for product support or feedback.